Is it just me or did we just skip February? I am amazed at how fast 2017 is rolling and I am afraid it is just going to pick up speed from here!
Well, a bit of catch up from my last post. I had a huge 10-day book/author tour that resulted in stopping at seven schools and a book club. I also took my canning supplies and canned several batches of lemon curd with one of my favorite peeps, dipped pretzels with a few adorable girls, visited several dear friends, had time with our grandbaby.
Click the short video below to catch a glimpse of the fun!
It was a lot of driving, but I didn’t mind at all because the scenery was so captivating. However, now it is time to apron up and get back to work. A time to pursue dreams and press into purpose, and maybe, just maybe..bake something fabulous for those you love.
“To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1
I have several projects that I am excited about getting started and working on, especially the ones involving recipes and food!
If there is something you come across that you want me to make..go ahead and send it my way along with a “Double Dog Dare-You” challenge!
So apron up, and let’s do some cooking and remember to savor every single bite..
Just in case you are in a recipe rut and looking to add a new twist on a favorite classic..here is one I just tried and my family loved it!
Mini-Upside Down Cakes
- cooking spray
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1 - 20 oz. can of sliced pineapple slices, tidbits or if you don't have either of those and are desperate to try this recipe, use crushed pineapple. RESERVE THE JUICE
- 1 -18.25 oz. package yellow or lemon cake mix
- * you will need eggs and oil to follow the boxed cake mix recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 24 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon melted butter into the bottom of each sprayed muffin cup.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon brown sugar in each muffin cup.
- Press a maraschino cherry into the center of the brown sugar in each muffin cup.
- Place pineapple on brown sugar mixture. If you are using a larger muffin time you may be able to use the whole rings, otherwise just place smaller chunks, tidbits or crushed pineapple around the cherry.
- Mix cake mix according to the package directions, replacing the water with pineapple juice.
- You may need to add water to pineapple juice to make sure the liquid measurement if according to cake package directions.
- Fill tins so that the batter comes within 1/2 inch or so from top to keep from baking over.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool at least 5 minutes. Place baking sheet over muffin tin and turn upside down to release.
- Serve with pineapple and cherry sides up.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.0.1https://marciseither.com/a-time-for-everything-including-baking-recipe-for-mini-pineapple-upside-down-cakes/
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” Steve Jobs