When I saw that September 16 was Nationa Play-Doh day I knew I had to post this recipe.
But, when our kids were growing up, every day was Play-Doh day:~D
It is nice to see the simple play-doh, invented in 1956 is still popular. And after selling almost 700 million pounds, their sales are still going strong.
A few weeks ago my three-year-old grandson was over. It was a rainy day so playing outside wasn’t an option.
“I can make some Play-doh!”
I pulled out the simple ingredients from my kitchen cupboard and let Warren help me measure out the ingredients and stir.
A few minutes of me stirring it while it cooked on the stovetop and BAM! Play-doh.I pulled out some of my kitchen gadgets and he was a happy camper.
And the best part? It was something he helped me make!
Want to create a little fun in your kitchen?
Here is the easy recipe!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup table salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- food coloring (optional)
- In a 2 quart sauce pan mix flour, salt, and cream of tarter.
- Add oil and food coloring ( optional) to water.
- Add water mixture to flour in the pan and stir.
- It is going to be clumpy ~ Don't panic :~D
- Stir over medium heat until it forms into a ball.
- Cool and there you go!
- Store in air-tight container.